It is essential for the safety of your workplace that electrical systems, in commercial and educational premises, are tested periodically.
In the UK, around 35 deaths and 4,200 accidents involving electricity are recorded every year. It is therefore recommended that testing is carried out every 5 years, and a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) issued.
Sygma Fire Services will undertake a detailed survey of your site, in accordance with the Institute of Electrical Engineers Wiring Regulations BS7671, free of charge. This will enable us to quote accurately and fairly for the testing required to issue a PIR.
WHY SHOULD YOU TEST?
- To verify compliance with the Electricity at Work Act and Health & Safety regulations
- Because all electrical installations deteriorate over time. Corrosion, accidental damage, wear, tear and ageing can all be factors
- To ensure compliance with insurance company requirements
WHEN TO TEST?
- If the premises has changed ownership or tenancy
- If use of the premises has changed
- If there have been any significant changes to the installation, for example, new fixed-wire equipment
- Where there is reason to believe that damage may have been caused to the installation
WHY CHOOSE SYGMA FIRE SERVICES?
- You will be assigned both a personal account manager and a lead site engineer who will get to know you and the specific needs of your premises
- Flexible appointment times
- Fully qualified engineers
- Transparent pricing